Friday, March 17, 2017

(Reborn) Baby for Selma

I can't tell you how many times I have been hit up for a free reborn - most of the time I can tell it is a kid asking, occasionally it will be someone with a sad story - but obviously I can't just give reborns away left and right. 

However, there was one particular story that came across my e-mail this past week and I just couldn't let it go. At first I replied back with a "no, sorry" - but it wouldn't leave my mind all morning. There are so many scams out there - but this one just didn't feel like a scam. It was from a special ed. teacher in Illinois that had a student whose house had just burned down and the family lost everything. The boy was in a wheelchair and lost his wheelchair, as well. The community was really coming together and helping the family out - but it seemed the main focus was on the boy. Naturally, he had the most needs. There was also a young girl in the family - she had 2 Reborn dolls - she lost both in the fire. The teacher started a gofundme page and it was basically to cover needs for the boy, basic needs for the family, etc. She reached out to me (as well as a few others in the reborn community) asking for a donated reborn for this young girl who was having a birthday this week. She sent me the gofundme link and the newspaper link about the fire. She gave me her own personal phone number, address and where she worked - so every thing was easily verified. 

I e-mailed her back and told her I did want to help and I would donate a reborn for the girl for her birthday. She was truly thankful, I could tell. I was out of town when all this came about so there was no way I was going to be able to get the reborn to her for her birthday - so I told the teacher I would send a birthday card right away and let the girl know she is to be expecting a "reborn surprise". 

Now - I have her reborn ready to go - boxed with several cute outfits and sleepers and blanket. I hope she will love her - I think she will. I have asked the teacher to please send  a photo when she gets a chance. I wish I could be there to see her face. I chose to send her Cozy - I think she will be perfect for her. 

This makes my heart feel so good - and I hope that this young girl will have a happier birthday knowing that someone many miles away wanted to give her something to replace a little that she lost. I know it isn't a lot, but my granddaughters lost everything in a tornado not once, but twice - so I know how devastating something like this can be for a child. 

This is Cozy - the baby I sent her - hopefully I can update soon with a picture of her with her new mommy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫