Sunday, June 4, 2017

My First Craft & Vendor Market

I finally got to participate in my first Craft & Vendor Market - I am so glad I did but I will not be doing so again until Fall or I find an indoor market. I am too much of a wimp and can't take the heat! My babies can't either. I worried the whole time if they were getting too hot and the eyelashes were getting a little limp on one of my babies. I don't worry with hand rooted eyelashes but the falsies are glued on so the glue can get a little sticky in the heat. It wasn't that it was really that bad hot, but the humidity was horrible. 

Anyway - I went in knowing that I most likely would not make a sale -  most people do not expect to spend over $150 at a whack when going to those type of places BUT I did get plenty of exposure which was my intentions. I gave out plenty of business cards and several people asked to hold one of the babies. I answered a lot of questions and after all was said and done I only had 2 people say they were "creepy". Not bad! Not a single person walked by that didn't make a comment about how real they looked. I took 4 babies with me - Kameko, Grant, Kimberly & Amber. I think Kimberly got the most lovin' on but every one was impressed with Grant's size. I was able to explain some of the reasons people adopt reborn baby dolls such as for dementia therapy, grief therapy or they just want a baby doll to hold. There are dozens of reasons that people want them, but I was not really prepared for one man who kept coming to my booth and making comments about how creepy they look, how real they look, etc and he kept telling me he would love to have one. After the 3rd time it was obvious he wanted me to ask him why he wanted one if they looked so creepy and he couldn't wait to tell me. He said he would love to tie one in a carseat to his bumper and drive down the highway just to watch peoples reactions or leave it in the car and sit back and watch people try to "save the baby".  Weirdo!  He also asked if I would just sell a few body parts since he couldn't afford a "whole doll". Of course I said no!



I had a 10 x 10 spot down the middle of the pavilion so that was pretty good, I think. 
I had 2 photo  albums full of babies that I have made and adopted out. I also took a couple of blank parts (head, limbs) to show how they look before I start painting and baking. I had a small bag of the fine glass beads and polyfil, as well. 

It was a good day (other than the creepy weirdo) and I feel like I accomplished what I set out to and that was to make people aware of my Reborn art and hopefully they will remember me when they have a birthday or Christmas gift to purchase in the future!








No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫